Thursday, December 10, 2009

ok, two of the things I was trying to remember

Just as I promised, I remembered a few of the funny things that go on here.

#1. We hear absolutely nothing about the Dubai problems. I know that you guys are getting heaps of news about how Dubai is crashing hard...it turns out that the people in power here...or person rather, wants to keep us in the dark about it. We don't get it in the paper, we don't get it on the radio, we don't get it in the local news, and they filter it out of BBC and CNN. Fairly funny actually. So, you know more than I do. All I know is that from the people I've talked to, most people are leaving Dubai and coming to Abu Dhabi, and if you ARE working in Dubai, and looking for work, chances are...you're overqualified, because only those who can't read will take as low a wage as they'll offer right now. So, FYI.

#2. The cars and houses here seem to be light colours, colours like tan, white, and ugly sand...mostly because the sun fades things, and to avoid the heat. Some though, trying to stand out, choose random colours, like bright orange, purple, or lime green...but the best one, by far the most popular, is the absurd number of pink cars/vehicles that you'll see. I'm not talking about soft pastel pink...but bright, deep pinks, sometimes fushias. I thought you'd like it. I certainly do. They're everywhere. 1of 20 I'd say.

That's all for now. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment