Friday, September 17, 2010

Wrap it up and onward ho! (this is dated for now...but it's really from June!)

OK, so the last couple of weeks in Abu Dhabi were filled with fun. I went salsa dancing again, I went to Wild Wadi, I went to the Burge Khalifa (the world's largest and tallest building!!! ) I did everything I would have wanted and more, with the exception of trying that fake skydiving tunnel thing...

Anyway, I was a little sad to see some of my friends go, because likely it would be the last time I would ever see them. BUT, I was so excited to go home and see my famliy and friends there, that it trumped my feelings of sorrow for leaving a country that I didn't really like very much. :)

The plane ride home was filled with tears for Alana, but Alicia and I were stoaked. We were tired...but stoaked, and after 36 some hours of travel and being awake, and after another 8 or so hours of keeping myself awake to beat jet lag...I got to sleep in a bed. Granted, not "my" bed...as I don't really have a bedroom or a place to live at home anymore...so it was in fact a davenport...BUT, it was a bed, and it was in a safe place, with safe familiar people, sounds, smells, and food.

My adventure to the middle east was done, and should I return, I know quite a bit better what I'd be getting myself into...now, look forward to the summer and look forward to the next adventure - Asia!


love.

T

No comments:

Post a Comment