Monday, October 26, 2009

Oh you know...

So, things here are alright. I am fully into routine, starting to miss home every once in a while, particular people especially...you probably know who you are!

Anyway, I've been trying to get out and do things around the city. Up until the 17th there was the film festival, which was super cool, and then this past weekend was the grand opening of the Cornishe (which is the entire beach side of the island). It had been under construction for a long time and now was finally open, meaning we can finally enjoy another beach, not that ours isn't awesome, but this one includes showers, lounge chairs, cols stone creamery, and several other food and beverage estabilshments, as well as a tented lounge, really modern looking, and it's all right on the beach. So, for the grand opening, and also a promotion for the upcoming F1 races, there were some movies on the beach. They played Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, and each evening they played two features. the first was always a family film, and the second slightly more racey. They played taledega nights for one of them, which I missed. I did get to watch Chitty Chitty bang bang one of the nights though, which was awesome. My toes were burried under the sand and I listened to the fabulous waves rolling onto the shore, and then there was the fact that you were part of a big community, and all watching the same movie, having the same romantic experience...wonderful. it was simply wonderful.

next weekend I'm looking forward to the free concerts on the beach...one of whom is Bob Marley's band! ha ha, and timberland is coming too, which is AWESOME! (that's sarcasm, but, it might be fun) There is also the HUGE F1 races coming, and they have awesome concerts for that, of course, only ticket holders can go to the concerts, and they cost like a third of my salary...so that's not gonna happen. However, I think a friend may give me tickets to jemiriquoi, or kings of Leon...but he's said "not a chance" to beyonce and Aerosmith. Worst case though, we can try and sneak around the area and catch the concert from a nearby hill? Perhaps, we shall see. Regardless, I'm loving all of the free stuff that goes on around here.

I am back into running, a little...still worried about my knee, but I've been using my keds instead of my other shoes and my jsut bite the bullet and get some come pay day. I hate spending money on clothes though. URG.

Some of you know and some of you don't know that I'll be coming home for Christmas. I'll be arriving in Calgary on the 17th, hanging with my dear friend Melissa for a few days, then she'll take me home. I plan to see as many people as possible, and I'm truly excited about the trip. 10 months is a long time. Too long as the case has proven to be. however, there is a season for everything.

This coming weekend we also have fall festival (of course it's not halloween) where the kids can dress up and have fun and games, and get candy...funny how it's so different. Anyway, the kids are truly excited. i picked up a few treats too from the grocery store and we'll be having a bit of a candy hunt on Thursday, which I know they'll be thrilled about. I now have 15 kids, I had a few weeks where I would get a new student every single week. Thankfully, we seem to have stabalized for a while, and I am enjoying my class. I still dont' think teaching is the thing for me in the long term, I'm still pretty much a humanitarian. But we shall see where the good Lord takes me. I know it'll be somewhere fabulous.

Apart from doing the free stuff, I don't do a lot. We do pilates after school now every day, and Alicia and I have been watching a ton of series shows. In particular, GLEE! Which is my new favorite show, and perhaps is the show that I've like the most out of any in my life. It's hillarious and wonderful and reminds me completely of my high school days. because I'm lame, and I don't do a lot, except for devo's, and reading (which I've been doing a lot of as well) and running, I basically sleep and eat. I can't work on my business, I can't spend any money, so, i chill...but its' a good thing. i've not had a chill year or even week for a while (backpacking doesnt' count) and so this is very fun. I love having full weekends, and enjoying going to bed at 9 if I want. For now, this is the life I guess.


Chat soon.

T

No comments:

Post a Comment