Wednesday, September 23, 2009

After Eid

So, Eid came and went. It's a five day vacation. Huge, like Christmas for Muslims, and everyone gets gifts, and money and such. For me, though it was a relaxing five days. I watched an entire season of the True blood series from HBO...which is really a lot of vampire sex...terribly scandelous, but fun to fit it all into a day.

We had a dinner party, with stir fry, and a bunch of teachers came over and we all ate, and were merry, and Erin, a really nice grade five teacher from Westlock Alberta baked the most scrumptious chocolate cake, with the most delicious icing...couldn't be beat.

on the Sunday the grade 6 teacher, from Calgary AB, Cameron, took Alicia and I into Dubai and we had the grand tour. Seeing Aquariums, the world biggest mall (sorry West Ed, you've got to beat Dubai mall out, and build a third floor!), the indoor ski hill at the Mall of the Emirates, the Burge al Arab (which we could go inside because of the cost), and the burge dubai, which is the world's largest building...we saw the worlds highest dancing fountain, and the world largest indoor waterfall...what a day. Finishing everything off with a trip to the beach to walk in the "cool" water just after sunset. fabulous time.

i did get a little sick at the end. I'm fairly queasy right now too, I have to watch out though, because swine flu is such a big scare here, that if I tell people I'm sick, they'll practically quarentine me!

Plans for today include reading a book, and getting parent teacher conference things together. I feel like I am having way to easy of a time doing all of this. I wonder if it's supposed to be harder? Maybe I'm missing something? Anyway, I do have probably the greatest set up that a first year teacher could possibly imagine, and for that I'm truly greatful.

No comments:

Post a Comment