Sunday, August 23, 2009

Work....hard work

So, my fairy tale has ended, I am now freaking out about the fact that I have three half days to make sure everything is prepped, and colourful, and set up for the first day of school, however, I do not have everything ready at all. I have no white board, no carpet, no hangers for my pocket charts, no where to print pictures or otherwise, my furniture isn't all here, my bins and cubby's aren't all here, my room isn't fully decorated, I'm out of sticky tac, I don't have enough math resources, and I'm basically freaking out! I don't even have a T.A. yet! So, I'm getting all of this ready, but not getting anything ready at the same time.

I've done some basic planning, but I've not done my prepping, yet because all of the KG teachers plan together, so I'm not sure yet what outcomes I will be starting with, and therefore, I don't know what units to pull together. It's all very nerve wracking. Last week, was chill because it was out of our control. This week it still is, but it's literally 3 half days, because we don't stay past 1 during Ramadan, and there isn't any session for teachers on Thursday. Eeek!

On a separate note, everything here at the hotel is grand. They said that sometime late this week 4 out of the 15 apartments will be ready. I'm hoping that mine are the last to be done. It's so great here, and all of my friends are here, and it's easy to get around...it'll be harder to go without a car once I'm in the boom docks.


On yet another separate note, I did want to let everyone know that I'm not an alcoholic. Apparently I wasn't clear on that point. I go to the pub, which is legal and made for mostly ex-pats, but I don't drink a ton. One drink, if that, and most often it's a coke. Incase you all had decided I was a bad seed or something. Ha ha, I just was told that it might not be clear...so, amended.

So, I hope to get some video clips up of my classroom and hotel room for you later in the week.

Otherwise, cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment