Saturday, April 25, 2009

Getting ready to leave

So, It's currently April the 25th. I have attempted to pack my bag, and I think that I'll need to repack it a couple more times and take things out, or put them back in, depending on how things are looking....there isn't a lot of room in my 40 litre pack, and I also know I can't fill the whole thing up, because I might just want to buy something while I'm away. It's like a science. I've never been very good at science.

Anyway, I am looking forward to this trip, obviously. Our scheduled stops are:
England (Salisbury and London - and we'll see stonehenge).
Ireland - to see Beth and Brad's friend Tash and do some local camping.
Scottland - to drink in a pub and eat haggis (if I find the guts)
Turkey - Istanbul and whatever it brings - for sure the turkish bazzar, and some dancing lesssons.
Greece - Islands, donkey's, and relaxation
Israel - Visiting my good pal Ellen
Jordan - Petra!!!!
Egypt - pyramids, and we're climbing mt. Sinai somewhere between Jordan and Egypt.

It's gonna be fantastic.

My travel companions are Brad Tetz, our token boy, protector, and the one with the maps
and Bethany Gelinas, who has to date been my workout and homework buddy, and we went to New York last spring.

Keep a look out for pictures and for exciting posts on the adventures that I'll be having!!!

4 comments:

  1. By now you're probably just getting up to start the first full day on the ground in Europe. I'm just on my way to bed. Remember - I'm still in the "fat" time zone ;)))

    Hope that it was a great flight, and that everything is getting of to a fantastic start.

    Thinking of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI:

    We are missing you already-looking at your flowers on the table-Are you paying attention re swine flu? Wash your hands; stay away from people with colds, fever, coughs-take care of yourself..
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. What costs more? $40 per bag or lost product?

    ReplyDelete